Tuesday 14 August 2012

Sex and nothing else


A stranger asked me something terribly important yesterday. It was in a crowded room full of young well dressed adults, it was a soiree of sorts. Everyone was looking at me, it was in the midst of the presentation and the presenter searched the crowd and chose me first. I was buzzed and exhausted but the alcohol was doing wonders. I was feeling light and all I really wanted to do was to groove to all the beats with someone- anyone, as long as their was some sort of human contact. Fuck, things never really go well when there's alcohol involved with this kind of emotion. 

So the presenter asked me this:

"What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of love?"

And I didn't think twice. I smirked, I fucking smirked and I lightly scoffed as though what would come from my lips would be the most obvious answer and I said. 
..
...

"Sex." 

SEX? What the fuck? I kind of expected more from myself. What's wrong with me? How basic can I get? Love means more to me than just that. Although, sex is an aspect of a romantic relationship that can come and go, it's not something that lasts. Sex can be beautiful, it's a union of two people who love each other, but it's not something that fully encompasses my perception of love. Damn, why couldn't I have said something like ' patience, long-suffering, wonderful, fleeting, transient?' 

But damn, maybe it really just was the alcohol and the performances that were sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment