Monday 11 June 2012

I miss you

I miss waking up to you in the morning.
With our limbs tangled, our hair mused.
Chest to chest, spent, from the nights we’d pursued.
I miss the serenity of it all-
our fingers entwined- I was truly enthralled.
Some nights, we’d walk hours and hours with no sense of time to recall.
Now, those memories are grainy at most
But I hold on-
and it’s no boast.
Transience.
Stretches of comfortable silences
coupled with bouts of your crooked smiles brilliance. 
I couldn’t help but admire your resounding resilience. 
Fleeting
minutely wonderful
A partnership- a lasting friendship- I didn’t care to be careful.
Now, at times, ’What If’s’ are all I stifle.








This is the first poem that that had anything to do with love. and it's taken me years to be able to extract the feelings in my heart and to convey them in actual words. I normally have this sort of mental block that inhibits me from writing about this topic no matter the kind of relationship it's about, be it about loving my parents to being about a romantic relationship. It's just one of those things. So in a way I'm kind of happy that I was able to get this down.

No comments:

Post a Comment