Friday 15 February 2013

Most assuredly, the current me.

I think I talk too much.
I think it has something to do
with the fact that I spend a lot of time to myself.
That, and I'm an only child.

Although, now that I'm older-
I've learned to appreciate ones own solitude.
I've also learned to appreciate ones company
without wanting to fill up the air with words.
People find that boring.
Sometimes people
need that companionable silence,
side by side, just an acknowledging presence.
People also find that boring.
Fine- but you'll get my opinion on
the world if you let me.

Things in my life have happened to me in extremities
and my mind has adapted to make these straining leaps.
That's why my biggest defense mechanism is to forget.
It's ingrained in me to move into extremities,
but I'm attempting to learn differently.

I'm learning to listen to people.
Honestly-It's easier to listen to the bustle of the city
or that of nature than people.
Because people can use words that
can frighten me, confound me, scare me,
hurt me, inspire me, and twist different emotions in me.

I like it.

I wouldn't say, 'kinda'. Because I most assuredly do.

I wouldn't say otherwise if you labeled me masochistic.

But there is an extent.

Anyways, I'm not the greatest listener because I'm
one of those annoying people who usually
have an opinion.
But I'm learning.
I didn't say the progress was going fast.
It's at a walking pace, but I'm definitely going up.

I don't know where I'm going with all this
self analyzing but I guess.... this is the current me.

No comments:

Post a Comment